Friday, October 23, 2009

Work Values Quiz Results

Express your values through your work to attain job satisfaction. Here are the work values that you selected as being very important.


Important Values


My Work Style
I prefer a work situation where my responsibilities are the same every day.
I want work that lets me use my creativity to think up new ways to do things.
I enjoy work that has fixed hours and a set schedule.
I like work where I can solve problems and decide how things should be done.
I want a work situation that's exciting and high-pressured.
I enjoy work that requires attention to detail and accuracy.
I want the freedom to work to my own schedule.
I want work with responsibilities that change frequently.



My Work Motivations
I'm motivated by work that will improve the world.
I'm motivated by work that allows me to help other people, either individually or in small groups.
It's important to me to get public recognition for the work that I do.
Money is not as important to me as a personal sense of satisfaction.
I want work that leaves me leisure time for my family and friends.
I want work that absorbs me, even if it takes up my leisure time.
The idea of making money motivates me a great deal.
I'm motivated by work that will lead to a management position.
I'm not interested in managing other people. I'm motivated by work that allows me to manage just myself.



How I Like to Interact with Others
I would like to work with the public.
I like work that lets me persuade or negotiate with others.
I prefer to work away from the public.
I want work where I set and meet my own personal goals.
I like to compete and put my skills and abilities against others.
I like to work independently with little or no supervision.
I want work where I get to interact with a team of other people.
I want work where I can influence the attitudes or opinions of others.



My Preferred Work Setting
I want work that challenges my intellectual capacities.
I enjoy a workplace with lots of fast-paced activity.
I prefer indoor work.
I would like to work outside all or some of the time.
I want work that doesn't involve travel.
I like work that is physically challenging.
I want a calm, peaceful work setting.
I would like to travel and experience different cultures and places.

Somewhat Important Values

There are no Somewhat Important Values.


These are your work values. You can:
add to them based on your knowledge of yourself
Use them as a guide while you research occupations to make your career decision
Think about how you see the fit between the work and your values
You can include questions in your information interview relating to your important values.
If you need some help in deciding what kind of work fits best with your values you may wish to contact a Career Counsellor for advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment